Yahoo has been keeping itself in the news quite a lot these days. Recently the company acquired popular blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 billion. Recently it also announced that all Yahoo Mail users must now upgrade to the new look. Today Yahoo has shown off a redesign of their web search page for the U.S. The company said in a blog post that its excited to introduce a “new, modern design for web search in the U.S.” The purpose of this redesign, according to Yahoo, is to put your results front and center.
Yahoo believes that nothing should stand between a user and their search results. The new web search page design will now display search results higher on the page than before. They have also made improvements at the back end, claiming that users will notice an improvement in page load times. A new navigation bar has also been added at the top of the search page, this is there to let users easily access other Yahoo sites. Soon this navigation bar will be added to other Yahoo properties as well.
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-30: Yahoo Poaching YouTube Stars, Working On Rival [Report]
- 2014-03-24: Yahoo Screen Now On Roku