It goes without saying that tech companies are always on the lookout to increase the performance of their hardware as well as software from time to time, as this is a basic necessity to remain ahead of the game, or at least, on par with the market leaders at a particular point in time. Hence, it is not surprising to see that Google intends to make YouTube’s mobile apps a whole lot more sticky, and to have users string more views, in a back to back manner. To do that, Google has introduced a couple of new overlay options for content creators which will see action in the Android and iOS YouTube apps.
If you happen to be a content creator, you are now able to add overlays to your videos, which will then suggest your users to view yet another video after that, ad infinitum. The pair of new options would be InVideo Programming and Call-to-Action Overlays, where InVideo Programming will be able to add overlays to videos automatically so that your viewer need not waste time in getting to the next video in a channel’s list. As for the Call-to-Action Overlays, it will kick off only for advertisers at first, but in due time, all channel operators will be able to get hold of it to share additional information about your video’s content, increase the level of interest in your channel or even your own web site.
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2013-10-08: Google's Eric Schmidt Believes Android Is "More Secure Than The iPhone"
- 2013-07-29: New Zagat App For iOS And Android Debuts
- 2013-05-20: Google Field Trip Gives Users Free Admission To 13 Museums
- 2013-05-16: SMS Integration And Outgoing Calls In Hangouts App Coming Soon