It looks like Intel’s Haswell processor fan club is starting to grow bit by bit, taking the slow and steady route as we hear of Lenovo’s ThinkPad T440s Ultrabook being possibly powered by the Haswell processor, and here we are with a recently discovered Geekbench report that does seem to point towards the next generation 15” MacBook Pro to arrive with some Haswell goodness underneath the hood, to. It would not be surprising to do so, considering how Intel’s Haswell processor has already made its way into the MacBook Air range.
The leaked report does point out an Apple machine which runs on a 2.4GHz Core i7-4950HQ processor, accompanied by 16GB RAM, without showing off any discrete GPU capabilities – but this does not mean it is there, as the benchmark might have actually skipped it (by purpose or otherwise) during testing. While the performance score is nothing to get excited about, it would be the battery life that we are more interested in – should it be anything like the Haswell-powered MacBook Air, then we could see a near doubling of battery life capability which would go down well with plenty of people.
- 2014-03-05 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2014-01-22 Haswell Mac Mini Release Expected Soon
- 2014-01-21 Intel Introduces 9 More Haswell Processors
- 2013-12-01 ASUS And Toshiba Expected To Launch Intel Haswell Powered Chromebooks In 2014
- 2013-11-07 Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03 OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30 Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28 Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-10-17 Cheap Haswell Based Tablets And Notebooks Expected Around The Holidays
- 2013-08-22 MacBook Pros With Haswell Processors Reportedly Releasing Next Month