Microsoft is certainly placing a lot of faith on their Windows Phone platform, and apparently, word on the street has it that they are currently working on a huge update to the Windows Phone platform which is called Blue. The “Blue” General Distribution Release 3 (GDR3) has been tipped to arrive sometime in 2014, where it will be accompanied by a notification center, better multitasking capability, not to mention updated core apps along the way. Sources also claim that Microsoft will be rolling out some of the improvements that are meant for Blue later in 2013, where among them would include support for larger displays (5″ and 6″), 1080p resolution and quad-core chipsets (which in all probability, will be the Snapdragon 600 and 800 series).
Hence, we shall not rule out seeing Windows Phone 8 phablets in due time, where these will obviously come with beefed up hardware before 2013 is over. It has been said that Microsoft did attempt to roll out updates more frequently, but unfortunately, they ran into problems with chipset testing and bugs on the journey. Would a Windows Phone 8 phablet appeal to you, or do you think that it would tank?
- 2014-04-22 Microsoft Organizes Party To Celebrate E.T. Videogame Dig
- 2014-04-22 Second Windows 8.1 Major Update To Arrive In August (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21 Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-21 Motorola Solutions Licenses Microsoft IP For Chrome And Android Devices
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Expands Retail Presence In The U.S.
- 2014-01-10 Microsoft Will Update All Windows Phone 8 Devices To The Latest Version
- 2013-12-10 Microsoft Launches Socl App For Windows Phone 8 Devices
- 2013-11-15 Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- 2013-10-14 Microsoft Update 3 For Windows Phone 8 Announced
- 2013-08-30 Nokia's HERE Auto Revealed To Be In-Dash Navigation System