When Canon announced the EOS 7D camera, we’re sure that there were many photographers out there who were thrilled by its announcement. Based on its specifications and price, it seemed like a happy middle between Canon’s mid-ranged cameras such as the EOS 60D, and Canon’s more higher-end professional cameras like the EOS 5D MK II. So if you were wondering what’s in store for Canon’s EOS 7D, we guess it’s not a complete stretch of the imagination to think that Canon could be working on a successor, and supposedly that successor is in the form of the EOS 7D MK II.
According to Canon Rumors, new info has surfaced which has suggested that there could be two possible sensors that might make it into the EOS 7D MK II. One will be a 20.2MP sensor found in the EOS 70D, and the other could be a newer 24.1MP sensor which has yet to make its debut in any Canon camera at the moment. Canon Rumors has also suggested that the camera will not be shipped by the end of 2013, indicating that an announcement will either be made at the end of the year with a launch pegged for 2014, or it could corroborate an earlier rumor which suggests a 2014 announcement. Either way take this with a grain of salt for now, but we’ll definitely be keeping our eyes peeled.
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy
- 2014-02-28: Canon EOS M2 Will Be Arriving To The US [Updated]
- 2014-02-27: Canon EOS 7D MK II Rumored For Q2 2014 Announcement
- 2013-11-12: Canon EOS 7D MK II Rumored For 2014 Announcement
- 2012-08-08: Firmware version 2 for Canon EOS 7D now available, brings about some improvements and new features
- 2012-06-28: Canon EOS 7D gets new firmware update
- 2011-06-30: Canon EOS 7D camera makes an awesome piggy bank