The HTC Butterfly was quite the looker when it first hit the market and was introduced to the world, but for one strange reason or another, it never really made its way over to the US officially, although there is no stopping you from importing it through various channels. Of course, the US folks had the honor of using the Droid DNA instead, and Droid DNA owners who flashed their devices managed to gain access to HTC’s most recent Android skin that is Sense 5, but things have gotten legit this time around, at least for the Taiwanese Droid DNA model known as the HTC Butterfly.
HTC Butterfly owners are able to perform a download of a Sense 5 flavored Android 4.2.2 update, where it will arrive in two different packages, where one is used to prepare the system, while the other is meant to do all the actual upgrading job. HTC did mention in the past that some of the skin’s features would remain exclusive to the HTC One flagship smartphone, and for you social types out there, you will be pleased to hear that BlinkFeed is definitely not one of them. It remains to be seen whether this Android 4.2.2 update would hit the US-saturated Droid DNA or not. Only time will tell, but do not be surprised if that happens.
Next Story: Sprint Galaxy S4 Receives OTA Support
- 2014-03-31 HTC Butterfly Android 4.4 Update 'Coming Soon'
- 2013-09-27 Waterproof HTC Butterfly 2 With 5.2 Inch Display Rumored For January 2014
- 2013-05-15 Verizon Droid DNA Available For Free Till 21st May
- 2013-05-09 HTC Butterfly 2 Rumored To Release In Q3, 2013
- 2013-05-09 Android 4.2.2 With Sense 5.1 Leaked For HTC Butterfly