The Android 4.2 update for HTC One has been rumored for a long, long time. HTC had confirmed that this update was coming, they didn’t exactly give a specific release time-frame. Last week the update rolled out first for the dual SIM variant in China, it then rolled out for the conventional variant in Taiwan. Since then the update is being pushed to different markets at a controlled pace. Many features of this update have been rumored in the past, but now we finally know exactly what improvements and enhancements HTC One Android 4.2 update comes bearing.
At this time lock screen widget support is only limited to one, there’s support for Daydream screen saver as well as quick settings toggles. Screenshots can be shared instantly, power saver option has been moved from the notification bar and new Highlights video templates have been added. The update also integrates Instagram in BlinkFeed. Google Now can be accessed by swiping up from the home key, this is similar to how it is accessed on stock Android. There’s also an option of removing the black bar that shows up in some apps, it can be re-mapped for activation through a long press of the home key. It can’t be said right now when carrier versions of this update will be rolled out to end users.
Next Story: MSN TV Will Be Shut Down On September 30th
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-23: T-Mobile HTC One Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-19: T-Mobile HTC One Android 4.4.2 Update Releasing This Week
- 2014-01-30: AT&T HTC One X Android 4.2 Update Released
- 2013-11-19: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.2 Update Released
- 2013-09-16: Droid DNA Getting Android 4.2 With Sense 5 Soon On Verizon
- 2013-07-07: Android 4.2 HTC One Update Features Detailed
- 2013-06-17: HTC One Android 4.2 Official Update Confirmed Once Again