It was just a few days ago when Rovio teased the world with some big news they were planning to announce on July 15, which just so happens to be this very day. Along with their tease of a “big new game announcement,” they also released an image that had us believing it would be an Angry Birds Star Wars prequel, and it looks like we were right about that aspect, but Rovio certainly had more than that up its sleeves.
Angry Birds Star Wars II will be a sequel to Rovio’s popular Angry Birds Star Wars title that follows the story of the prequel trilogy. Rovio released just a few details concerning the game, but we can expect there to be a Darth Maul piggie as well as a Mace Windu and young Anakin Skywalker bird. Along with the game’s announcement, Rovio has made another announcement along with Hasbro to bring a new addition to the Angry Birds franchise.
Rovio’s Angry Birds will now have physical toys called Telepods where players can scan them through their mobile device’s camera to have them “teleport” into the game. Over 30 toy characters will be made available when Angry Birds Star Wars II is launched on September 19.RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Spoiler Shield Censors Your Facebook, Twitter Feeds So You Don't Read Spoilers
- RealNetworks Launches RealPlayer Cloud
- PS4's PlayStation App Releasing For iOS, Android In November
- Follow: angry birds, angry birds star wars, rovio,