A list of World’s Most Respected Companies is released every year by Barron’s. Apple has topped this list for three consecutive years, only to lose its title this time around. Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffet’s company, now holds the top spot on Barron’s list of most respected companies. Apple has actually slid down to third place, where it remains just ahead of Google, which is in fourth place.
After Berkshire Hathaway comes Walt Disney, then Apple. Google follows close behind and is trailed by Amazon in sixth place, Samsung in 18th, Intel in 20th and Microsoft in 61st place, just to name a few. Both Fortune and Forbes have their own respected companies lists which are separate from Barron’s, so the three should not be confused. Barron’s generates this lists by surveying professional money managers about the top 100 companies in the world by market value. People who are surveyed are asked to rate the company as Don’t Respect, Respect Somewhat, Respect or Highly Respect. These responses have a numerical score of 1-4, the average of the total score is then taken when compiling results.
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arriving This Week
- 2014-04-15: Gmail Gets New Insert Photo Button
- 2014-04-14: Google Micro Camera System To Usher In Next-Gen Contact Lenses
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2013-08-01: Google Play Store Has More App Downloads Than Apple App Store
- 2013-05-05: 10-inch Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet Rumored
- 2013-02-14: Android And iOS Capture 91.1% Global Market Share
- 2013-01-04: Google Now, Translate Caught Praising The iPad
- 2012-12-21: Google Working With Motorola On 'X Phone' To Compete with iPhone, Galaxy Devices