If there were a couple of apps you saw in Apple’s iTunes App Store that you were meaning to get, but were holding off due to its price, now might be a good time to do so. It seems that in conjunction with the upcoming fifth anniversary of iOS’ App Store, Apple has gone ahead and made several of its higher ranking apps free for download! We’re not sure if this promotion will extend to all popular apps, but as it stands it has been noted that apps such as Badland, Infinity Blade 2, Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP, Tiny Wings, and Where’s My Water? are all free for download. If you’re not looking for games, apps such as Barefoot World Atlas, Day One, Over, and Trakor DJ for iPad have gone free as well.
Considering that some of these apps would cost you $19.99 on a normal day, this promotion should save a ton of iOS users a lot of money, even if they have no plans of using the app right now! Apple has yet to make an official announcement regarding this freebie bonanza they are running or combine them into a dedicated app section, but hopefully it will soon! In the meantime hit up the iTunes App Store and search for the apps mentioned above if you want to download them.
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-11: Mathematicians Develop App That Will Supposedly Eliminate Jetlag
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-03-25: Apple Begins Testing Related Search Suggestions In App Store
- 2014-03-21: iTunes App Store Gets An "Indie Game Showcase" Section
- 2014-03-13: Clones And Free-To-Play Titles Have "Soured" iTunes App Store Experience, According To Report
- 2013-12-05: Apple Believes They Changed The Definition Of "App"
- 2013-07-01: Apps Required To Gross $47k A Day To Earn A Spot In App Store's Top 10 Paid Apps