Apple has attempted to break into the living rooms of their consumers through the Apple TV device, although rumors have been floating about for a while about a possible iTV which is said to take the experience even further. To that extent there have been several reports in which they are claiming that Apple is currently in talks with PrimeSense, an Israeli company who was behind Microsoft’s Kinect technology. Supposedly Apple is interested in acquiring the company and at the moment they are valuing the company around the $280-$300 million mark.
The report has stated that this was due to senior executives from PrimeSense who have recently made trips to visit Apple’s engineering office in the recent days, and supposedly with the acquisition of PrimeSense and their technology, Apple would then be able to use it to help bolster their efforts in their entering of the living room space through the use of 3D body sensors that can detect body movement and gestures which could be used to interact with an Apple product, like the iTV for instance.
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- Apple's Plans For Sapphire Will Be For A "Secret Project"
- iPhone 6 To Have Sapphire Coating, Skips May Release (Rumor)
- Glucose Monitoring Might Not Make It Onto The iWatch