We’ve all heard the rumors that Apple could be looking to move to larger displays for its iPhone, possibly that of the 4.3” variety, and given that Apple’s competition have ventured beyond 5”, it wouldn’t be a stretch of the imagination if the Cupertino company thought it was high time to catch up! Now thanks to a report from The Wall Street Journal, they claim that their sources within Apple’s supply chain in Asia have informed them that Apple is currently testing larger screens not just for the iPhone, but the iPad as well!
The report has suggested that Apple is testing a 12.9” iPad, and also several prototype iPhone screens that go beyond the 4” found on the iPhone 5. This seems to corroborate earlier rumors that Apple was interested in iPhone screens that could stretch to 4.7” or even 5.7”, giving Samsung’s Galaxy Note series a run for its money! Of course the report has indicated that these are prototypes and since Apple has been known to create several prototype devices before deciding on the final thing, it’s not that outrageous if this report were true, but what do you guys think? Would you like a 4.7” or 5.7” iPhone, or a 12.9” iPad?
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17 Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16 Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-09 Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-13 Campaign Calls To Boycott Apple Products Due To Use Of Toxic Chemicals
- 2014-03-11 Apple Reportedly Planning On Opening Neighborhood Retail Stores In India
- 2014-02-13 Apple Confirms Suppliers Do Not Use Conflict Minerals
- 2014-01-28 Apple Q1 2014 Earnings Announced