We’ve all heard the rumors that Apple could be looking to move to larger displays for its iPhone, possibly that of the 4.3” variety, and given that Apple’s competition have ventured beyond 5”, it wouldn’t be a stretch of the imagination if the Cupertino company thought it was high time to catch up! Now thanks to a report from The Wall Street Journal, they claim that their sources within Apple’s supply chain in Asia have informed them that Apple is currently testing larger screens not just for the iPhone, but the iPad as well!
The report has suggested that Apple is testing a 12.9” iPad, and also several prototype iPhone screens that go beyond the 4” found on the iPhone 5. This seems to corroborate earlier rumors that Apple was interested in iPhone screens that could stretch to 4.7” or even 5.7”, giving Samsung’s Galaxy Note series a run for its money! Of course the report has indicated that these are prototypes and since Apple has been known to create several prototype devices before deciding on the final thing, it’s not that outrageous if this report were true, but what do you guys think? Would you like a 4.7” or 5.7” iPhone, or a 12.9” iPad?
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Next-Gen iPads And iPhones To Feature More Sapphire Crystal [Rumor]
- iPad Mini 2, Cheap iPhone Shipping In August [Rumor]
- iOS 7 Allegedly Gets Detailed Ahead Of WWDC
- Apple's A7 Chip Could Be Built By TSMC Once Contract With Samsung Expires [Rumor]