Apple has been making a number of deals with content providers over the past couple of weeks that brings their dedicated applications to its Apple TV. We’ve seen The CW, HBO Go and WatchESPN make their way to Apple TV, and according to a new report, it looks like Time Warner Cable customers may soon be getting their fix of its service on Apple TV in the near future.
According to sources with knowledge of the negotiations, Apple and Time Warner Cable are nearing a deal that would give its subscribers access to its channels on Apple TV. If a deal is indeed made, both companies plan to make an announcement of their agreement within a few months. The deal with Time Warner Cable would make the first such deal Apple has made with a cable company, thus making its Apple TV an even more worthwhile set-top-box to have in the home.
If the deal between Apple and Time Warner Cable goes through, we expect the cable company’s TWC TV app to be made available on Apple TV along with all of the live-streaming channels and on-demand content it already offers on other devices. This, of course, means you’ll also need to be a Time Warner Cable subscriber in order to gain access to the application.RELATED
- Apple TV Can Now Use An iOS 7 Device For Stress-Free Setup
- Apple TV Receiving Major Software Refresh On September 18 [Report]
- Apple TV Update Brings VEVO, Disney Channel And More
- Apple TV Gains HBO GO, WatchESPN Starting Today
- iTunes Radio Makes Its Way To Apple TV In Latest Beta
- Follow: apple tv, time warner cable,
- Seen at: bloomberg