So Apple has plans for a new iPhone, but surely their iPad too, needs a change of scenery? Whispers have it that the fruity company is right on the money when it comes to rolling out a new and improved fifth generation iPad later this September, or at least those are the rumors that have been making their way around lately. DigiTimes are the ones behind this rumor, and as we all know, this Taiwanese tech industry publication does not have the best track record when it comes to churning out rumors that are right on the money. Having said that, it seems that the new iPad is tipped for a September release, accompanied by a slimmer bezel to go along with its 9.7” display.
Not only that, there is also word that the total number of LED tubes which will deliver backlight to the Retina display has been reduced by half – from two to one, in addition to improving the device’s battery life. While we have absolutely no idea on how demand for the new and improved iPad would be like when it is launched, past track records have pointed to the tablet selling out in most places it is introduced. With such anticipation, it is alleged that pilot production of the device is capable of satisfying demand for the initial launch.
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2013-10-14: Samsung And Apple Rumored To Be Working On 12 Inch Tablets
- 2013-10-08: Apple To Hold iPad Event This October 22nd
- 2013-09-05: Scoop.it For iPad
- 2013-04-24: Tactilize: Create and Share Visual Cards from the iPad
- 2013-04-10: iPad Embedded In Car Bumper And Still Works