For years, Sony has been offering its PlayStation Plus subscribers access to free games on a semi-regular basis, so long as you keep your subscription going. Microsoft finally wised up recently to what Sony is doing with its paid subscription service, and announced at E3 2013 they would also be offering free games to Xbox Live Gold subscribers. The first game Microsoft made available for free was Defense Grid: The Awakening, but in two weeks, the company will be making a popular Ubisoft game available for free.
Assassin’s Creed 2 will be made available for free through Xbox Live’s “Games With Gold” program starting on July 16. Assassin’s Creed 2 was one of the titles Microsoft teased would be made available for free through its Games With Gold program, along with Halo 3. Seeing how Assassin’s Creed 2 is set to be available on July 16, it shouldn’t be too long until Microsoft announces when Halo 3 will also be made available.
Meanwhile, Sony is making games that were released just a few months ago to its PlayStation Plus subscribers. Hopefully Microsoft can move past releasing games released prior to 2012 and release something most Xbox 360 owners don’t already have.
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2013-12-16: Shoot Many Robots Free On Xbox 360 Through Games With Gold
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-12: Fable Anniversary Hitting Xbox 360 On Feb. 4, 2014 With Bonus Content
- 2013-04-12: Rayman Legends Delay Resulted In 30 New Levels, New Boss Battles
- 2013-04-11: Ubisoft Announces Flashback Remake For XBLA, PSN