This month we’ve seen a number of leaks regarding BlackBerry 10.2 as we’ve seen BBM Channels, an enhanced UI and heard the update will bring support for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean apps. It looks like another leak of BlackBerry 10.2 has been caught, this time revealing some interesting features.
One of the first features BlackBerry 10.2 will have is actionable notifications as you’ll be able to pull down on notifications that show up on the top portion of the screen in order to respond to them. Notifications will also have the option of being muted or being able to view them directly from BlackBerry 10′s lock screen.
Another feature you can expect to make it into BlackBerry 10.2 is Wi-Fi Direct, which BlackBerry hinted at during its BlackBerry Live. Wi-Fi Direct makes it possible to connect your BlackBerry device to various devices simply by using peer-to-peer wireless connectivity. Pretty much any device that has Wi-Fi built into it will be accessible through Wi-Fi Direct, but don’t expect everything to be supported as you should expect to be able to connect to phones, tablets, printers and even TVs.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-03-26: BlackBerry 10.3 Leak Reveals Possible Future BlackBerry Devices
- 2013-08-28: BlackBerry OS 10.2.0.1443 Leaked For Q10 And Z10 Devices
- 2012-01-17: BlackBerry roadmap reveals two tablets and BlackBerry 10 smartphone (leak)
- 2011-11-01: Blackberry Torch 9810 arriving on T-Mobile 9th November
- 2011-10-19: T-Mobile's Blackberry Torch 9810 training underway