Back in May, Call of Duty: Ghosts was announced and was expected to see a release on the 5th of November for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC gamers. Unfortunately there was no mention of support for the Nintendo Wii U, at least until now because according to a post on the official Treyarch Twitter account, the good news is that Wii U gamers can look forward to playing the game as well! The even better news is that the game will also be released alongside the other consoles on the 5th of November, meaning that Wii U gamers will not have to wait days, weeks, or months for the Wii U version of the game!
Activision Publishing’s CEO, Eric Hirshberg, was also quoted as saying, “As we have said before, we’re committed to doing everything we can to support the Wii U, which is why we’re excited to be bringing some of the most popular entertainment franchises in the world to the platform this year […] The Call of Duty franchise continues to be one of the most powerful forces in gaming and Skylanders continues to enchant new fans around the world. Our studios have been hard at work creating brand new immersive experiences perfectly suited to the Wii U platform and our fall lineup has something for everyone.”
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5