We’ve seen a number of companies announce devices that bring Android to your living room as we’ve seen Android-powered set-top boxes as well as Android tablets that double as a TV. But what if you already own an Android tablet and just want to use it as a device you can connect to your TV to watch your shows on? Chinese tablet maker Cube is announcing a new product that can do just that.
The Cube TV kit includes a wireless remote control and an adapter that can be used to control your Android tablet without touching its screen. Users would hook up their tablet to their television sets using either HDMI or Miracast and then use the wireless remote to control video playback and navigate your way through your tablet’s applications.
The benefit of using your own tablet to watch on your HDTV is all of your applications, music and videos are probably already all installed on your Android tablet, which can make using it instead of a completely new Android-powered device much easier.
As of now, there’s no pricing or availability for the Cube TV kit, but we’ll keep an eye out to see when exactly you can get your hands on this kit.
Next Story: GTA 5 For PC Hinted At In New Job Listing
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Comcast Xfinity TV Go App Will Allow Live Streaming TV Anywhere
- HBO's Game Of Thrones Now Available On Google Play Store
- Apple TV Can Now Use An iOS 7 Device For Stress-Free Setup