We recently heard about Dell’s upcoming Precision workstations, the R7610 and T1700, but a new Precision with an Ultra HD display may be joining the family very soon, according to a recent leak.
The leak comes from a source of Tweakers.net who says a new laptop called the M3800 will be joining the Dell Precision workstation family. The laptop will feature an Intel Core i7 Haswell processor, a 2GB NVIDIA Quadro K1100M GPU, 16GB of RAM and a choice between a 1TB hard drive of 512GB SSD. The pièce de résistance for the M3800 is its option to have a 15.6-inch display featuring a resolution of 3200 x 1800, or you could always go for the standard 1080p base option. M3800 will be a relatively thin laptop as its thickest point measures in at 18mm (around 0.7 inches) and will weigh around 2kg (4.4lbs).
Tweakers.net finishes up the leak with an expected price range between $1699 to $1999 for the M3800, but of course, none of this information, especially the pricing, has yet to be confirmed by Dell. So for now, we play the waiting game until Dell decides they want to confirm the upcoming laptop.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26: Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23: Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update
- 2014-03-07: The Dell Precision M2800 Has An Affordable Price Tag