It is no secret that Verizon is going to announce a whole new lineup of Droid smartphones, the carrier has an event scheduled later day where the announcement is expected to be made. We’ve previously heard a lot of rumors about these new smartphones, Droid MAXX, Ultra and Mini to be precise. One rumor suggested that the Droid Mass will have 48 hours of “worry-free” battery life. According to information obtained from FCC filings by AndroidPolice, the Verizon Droid Maxx will have a big 3,500 mAh battery that is going to have wireless charging capability.
The report also reveals that Droid Mini will have a 2,000 mAh battery whereas the Ultra will have a 2,130 mAh one. When compared with last year’s Droid lineup, the RAZR M, RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD had 2,000 mAh, 2,530 mAh abd 3,300 mAh batteries respectively. It has also been said that all three smartphones will have NFC support. Inductive charging capability, better known as wireless charging, has been explicitly listed for Droid Maxx and Mini, whereas the Ultra hasn’t been mentioned by name. So its unclear right now if the mid-range device from this lineup will have wireless charging capability, but if the other two have it, its quite possible that the Ultra will support it as well.
Next Story: Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5420 Processor Announced
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-20 Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20 Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-18 Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2013-11-29 White Droid Ultra And Droid Mini Available On Verizon Now
- 2013-08-20 Verizon Motorola Droid Ultra And Motorola Droid Maxx Now Available Online
- 2013-08-13 Verizon Droid Ultra And Droid Maxx Release Apparently Delayed
- 2013-07-25 Motorola Droid Ultra Limited Edition Is Really A Verizon Employee-Exclusive
- 2013-07-23 Motorola Droid Ultra Limited Edition Leaked