Over the past year Elon Musk has been dropping hints that he is working on a new transport project, one that is radically different from anything we have today. He has now tweeted that he will unveil the alpha plans for the Hyperloop high speed transport system by August 12th. Elon says that Hyperloop will enable people to travel twice as fast as an average aircraft, it will also be immune to weather and will never crash.
At this point in time, nothing concrete is known about the Hyperloop project. At an AllThingsDigital conference, he described the system as a “cross between a Concorde and a railgun and an air hockey table.” It is very likely that Elon won’t be patenting Hyperloop, he has said in the past that he would make it available to anyone who can ensure that the project is feasibly brought to life. He has often called it the “fifth” mode of transport that is inspired by California’s bullet system, which will be capable of transporting people at 22o miles per hour. Lets wait till August 12 and watch what Elon has to show.
- 2014-04-14: KiraVan Custom-Made Camper Van Costs Millions
- 2014-04-14: Tesla Model S Owners Hack Own Cars, Discover Ubuntu
- 2014-04-14: Netherlands' Glow In The Dark Highway Is Now A Reality
- 2014-04-14: Alpine Working On Aftermarket CarPlay Console For Vehicles
- 2014-04-13: U.S. Navy Turns Seawater Into Fuel For Its Vessels