Let’s face it, when you webcam or FaceTime with a friend or family member, you look at the screen where their faces are at, and they look at their screen. However due to the placement of the webcam, it is “impossible” to actually look them directly in the eye as you would in real life. Granted this isn’t exactly a big deal, but in case you actually want to have that eye-to-eye contact and you aren’t able to meet up in real life, a Kickstarter project for a device called the eTeleporter should help solve that problem! It is essentially a plastic housing for the iPad that uses mirrors cleverly angled that will allow you to look eye-to-eye at the person you are talking to.
eTeleporter is a project by Prompt Video’s Hernan Giraldo who is actually the Vice President of National Sales at Alcatel-Lucent. According to Giraldo, this project was made possible thanks to a hiring of someone with a PhD in optical sciences to help construct the device. It was not as easy to put together as you might think, not just sticking a bunch of mirrors into a case, as it requires a lot of planning and testing to make sure that it works as intended. The project is currently seeking funding of $100,000 and if you’d like to learn more or help get it funded, hit up its Kickstarter page for the details.
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13 Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2013-12-10 Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-06-12 The Smart Cargo Is An Accessory For The iPad's Smart Cover
- 2012-12-24 Nibiqü is a Touch Type-style keyboard cover for your iPad
- 2012-11-19 ORA: Ultimate Speaker Case and Stand for iPad
- 2012-08-20 CruxSKUNK keyboard case for the iPad turns it into a MacBook lookalike