Facebook released a beta version of Facebook Home which featured the ability to create folders, and we assume things went particularly well for the beta as the company has released an update to its software that now brings its folders to those who use Facebook Home.
The addition of folders comes after months of Facebook Home users complaining there’s no way to organize your applications within the software, which resulted in a tidal wave of 1-star ratings on the Google Play Store in the process. Hopefully the addition of folders will help Android owners take Facebook Home a little more serious. Creating and managing folders within Facebook Home is as easy as it is on most Android devices. Users will need to move an app on top of another one in order to create a new folder.
Facebook isn’t stopping at just folder support for its Facebook Home as the company is also currently working on widget support, which just so happens to be another frequently requested feature. The more Facebook Home attempts to offer what Android already does, we wonder if it’ll still be a product Facebook users will actually want to use.
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2013-06-19: Samsung 'Facebook Phone' Idea Reportedly Rejected
- 2013-06-06: Facebook Home Update Brings 'Favorites Tray' For Your Apps
- 2013-05-23: HTC First 'Facebook Phone' UK Launch Postponed Indefinitely
- 2013-05-21: Eminem Publisher Sues Facebook Over Home Advertisement
- 2013-05-09: New Facebook Home Features Detailed Ahead Of Update Release