We have seen Geeksphone with their latest Firefox OS device, and if you happen to want to dip your toes and fingers into the world of this new mobile operating system, you are more than welcome to do so. So much so, in fact, that Mozilla is taking their Firefox OS seriously, where they have made a commitment to deliver new features to Firefox OS every single quarter. Apart from that, all is not dry in between each quarter, as every half a dozen weeks, smaller updates that feature security improvements and bug fixes will also be part of the equation.
This is not a surprising move at all, especially when you take into consideration that Firefox OS happens to be based on the work Mozilla has did with the Firefox web browser, where the trend of rolling out a new version of the browser every single six weeks is carried over to the smartphone arena. One does wonder, however, whether smartphone manufacturers and wireless carriers will be able to make something out of an update every 6 weeks. What do you think of this move by Mozilla?
- 2014-01-30: Mozilla Will Attend MWC 2014 To Show Off Firefox OS' Progress
- 2014-01-19: Firefox OS Tablet Prototypes Enter Test Phase
- 2014-01-06: Panasonic And Mozilla Work On Firefox OS Open Platform For Next Generation Smart TVs
- 2013-11-30: Tizen And Firefox OS Should Team Up, According To Samsung
- 2013-11-14: Mozilla Currently Has No Plans To Launch Firefox OS Phones In The U.S.