Back at I/O 2013 Google had promised that it would be revamping the user interface of the web version of Google Play Store. They’ve come through on their promise, the new user interface has gone live today. It makes the overall UI a lot more clean and sleek. There’s the left-side navigation bar that we’ve seen in other Google services. Google Play Store now also has cards, which present information in an easy to read format.
The update doesn’t exactly bring a myriad of new features, though there are a number of noticeable improvements. Navigating the Play Store now seems to be a lot faster, not to mention more seamless and smooth. Users now have the ability to wishlist apps directly from the web store, they can also view full-sized screenshots of any app that they want. Information is now grouped in to sections instead of numerous columns with different font sizes, thus making all those individual app pages consistent in their outlook. The devices page on Google Play Store has also been revamped and it appears that the ability to view apps installed by device has been removed. Check out the revamped Google Play Store here.
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2014-03-11: Google Sued By Mother After Son Racks Up In-App Purchases
- 2013-10-09: HBO's Game Of Thrones Now Available On Google Play Store
- 2013-06-26: Galaxy S4, HTC One Google Edition Available Today [Update]
- 2013-05-20: New Google+ App With Auto-Awesome Launched For Android
- 2013-05-15: Google Play Store Receives New Design Prior to I/O Keynote