It’s undeniable one of the most anticipated games to be released this year is Grand Theft Auto V. September 17 is when we should be getting our hands on the retail version of the game, but some Xbox 360 owners may want to consider freeing up some space on their console’s hard drive as the game will require a mandatory 8GB install across all versions of the game.
Xbox 360 owners who don’t have a hard drive attached to their console will need to purchase, or came with only 4GB or 8GB of included storage, will need to attach at USB stick or external hard drive to play the game. Rockstar gave some specifics as to what kind of flash memory can be used with GTA 5, as “it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance.”
As for PlayStation 3 owners, the game will come on a single Blu-ray disc, but you’ll still require a mandatory 8GB of hard drive space in order to install files the game will need.
- 2014-04-08: Grand Theft Auto V On PC, Xbox One And PS4 This June (Rumor)
- 2014-03-18: GTA 5 For PC Beta Test Emails Are Fake And Contain Malware
- 2014-03-02: Skyfall Train Fight Scene Created In GTA 5
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-06: Rockstar Developer Tweets Hint At GTA 5 For The PC
- 2013-07-16: GTA 5 Will Allow You To Customize Your Dog
- 2013-07-10: GTA 5 Will Feature Customizable Weapons, Vehicles
- 2013-07-09: GTA 5 For PC Hinted At In New Job Listing
- 2013-07-09: GTA 5 Gameplay Trailer Shows Us Actual In-Game Footage
- 2013-05-08: New GTA 5 Screenshots Feature Heists, Scuba And Ridiculous Costumes