Hasselblad and Sony are different companies, but it seems that Hasselblad has decided to create a couple of cameras whose specs are similar to some of Sony’s offerings, and the latest is the Hasselblad Stellar. Thanks to the folks at Photo Rumors, they have managed to get their hands on several leaked images of the upcoming Hasselblad Stellar camera, which apparently will share specs similar to that of Sony’s RX100, although the main difference would be the way the camera is designed. As you can see in the image above, the Hasselblad Stellar looks nothing like the RX100, and will instead feature an Italian wood handset and camera housing material. Hasselblad is also expected to make an official announcement for the camera on the 26th of July, but for the now it seems that the camera could cost anywhere between $1,600-$3,200 depending on your choice of wood for the grip. In any case we expect the full details to be available on the 26th of July, so check back with us then for the details.
- 2014-01-13: Hasselblad Lunar Limited Edition Announced For The Lunar New Year
- 2013-11-26: Sony And Hasselblad Rumored To Have Worked On A New Sensor Together
- 2013-07-22: Hasselblad Stellar Camera Leaked Ahead Of Its 26th July Announcement
- 2013-06-28: Hasselblad To Unveil 3 New Cameras This Year
- 2013-04-30: Hasselblad V System Discontinued
- 2013-02-01: Hasselblad Lunar Nex Camera Begging To Be Touched