Ever since Marty McFly traveled to a future Hill Valley in Back to the Future 2, fans of the film have been obsessed with the idea of owning a hoverboard of their own. We’ve seen props from the film be auctioned off, but considering Griff’s Pit Bull hoverboard prop won’t actually float you from point A to point B, it’s pretty much a waste of money. But a new crowdfunding project is attempting to create an actual working hoverboard by the summer of 2015, which is the same time period Marty visited in Back to the Future 2.
Robert Haleluk of Haltek Industries has put together an Indiegogo campaign that will hopefully produce an actual hoverboard that will be powered by omni-directional tube axial blowers. The boards Haleluk is hoping to create will be constructed from a honeycomb carbon fiber material and a Lithium-Air battery to help power the hoverboard.
If the $1 million dollar goal is met, the board’s interface will be controlled with a companion smartphone app that allows users to lock and unlock their board, run diagnostics and other things. The funds collected for the hoverboard campaign will be used for research and development and production of the first hoverboards.RELATED
- Google Glass Wearer Evicted From Seattle Eatery
- 3D Scanner Technology Does Not Need Much Light At All To Create Clear Images
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- President Obama's Speech Gets Printed In 3D
- Seattle Restaurant Ejects Patron For Wearing Google Glass
- Follow: back to the future,
- Seen at: indiegogo