We first heard about HTC’s first Windows Phone 8 device for Sprint customers, the HTC 8XT, just a few weeks ago during Microsoft’s BUILD keynote. Today, HTC is announcing its 8XT will be made available at Sprint’s retail stores as well as online for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate starting on July 19.
The HTC 8XT will be the first Windows Phone 8 device that will feature the company’s BoomSound technology, which if you’ve seen the HTC One, you’ll then be familiar with the 8XT’s dual front-facing speakers along with its dedicated amplifier. Just like the HTC One, the HTC 8XT also feature Beats Audio to help further improve the device’s sound quality.
We already know the HTC 8XT will feature a 1.4GHz dual-core Snapdragon 400 processor, a 4.3-inch display, 1GB of RAM and an 8MP rear-facing camera. The device will also have a “soft-to-the-touch” texture that is being said to feel great when holding the device.
So there you have it. If you’re a Sprint customer who has been looking into purchasing a Windows Phone for yourself but you haven’t been too keen on the current offering, take a look at the HTC 8XT as it seems to be a solid mid-range device.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: HTC, Sprint, windows phone, windows phone 8,
- Seen at: community.sprint