HTC has confirmed that its One S smartphone will no longer be receiving any official Android OS updates. This means that the device will have to stick with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. No updates for HTC Sense will be released as well. The One S was released last year as part of HTC’s One series of smartphones. Customers who bought this smartphone aren’t too happy with the fact that the device won’t be receiving updates in the future. A new petition has been started online which urges HTC CEO Peter Chou to take back this decision.
HTC One S is almost 16 months old. The company had promised customers that they would be rolling out future updates for this device. The petition contains links to statements HTC posted through its official Twitter and Facebook accounts telling customers that updates for HTC One S will be coming in the future. It was also said in one tweet that HTC Sense 5 will be brought over for this device. As of this writing, the petition has amassed more than 814 signatures, and there has been no official response from the company.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: htc one s,