HTC has officially announced today in a statement to the press that its One S smartphone will not be receiving any more Android updates, which means that the device will stick to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. The smartphone came out last year as part of the One lineup. No Sense updates will be rolled out as well for this smartphone, it is going to retain HTC Sense version 4+.
The company is yet to confirm if last year’s One X and One X+ smartphones will receive Android 4.2 update. Recent rumors indicate that these devices will indeed be getting the update, but until and unless HTC makes an official confirmation, one can’t be too sure. So what does it mean for HTC One S owners who want the latest features of Android 4.2 as well as those of HTC Sense 5? Well they can always turn towards unofficial ROMs, but there’s a caveat, such ROMs are made by third party developers and flashing them on the device isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. As far as official updates go, HTC One S won’t be getting any love now.
Next Story: ELSA Links Paramedics With Live Translators
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2013-07-17 HTC One S "Ville" Might Get Android 4.2.2 Update
- 2013-04-25 T-Mobile’s HTC One S Gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update At Last
- 2013-02-19 T-Mobile HTC One S Gets Tiny Security Enhancement Update
- 2012-06-26 SIM unlock your HTC One S without forking out a cent
- 2012-06-15 HTC One S with Snapdragon S3 1.7GHz processor spotted