Back in 2012 during the 3rd generation iPad unveiling, Infinity Blade: Dungeons was revealed. The game was based on the same engine used by Infinity Blade, and would be more of an action-RPG like Diablo, rather than the more one-on-one battles typically found in Infinity Blade. Personally I was quite looking forward to it since I am a fan of Diablo, not to mention the graphics were pretty stunning too. Unfortunately here we are in 2013 and the game has yet to see the light of day, and it looks like it never will. According to Chair Entertainment’s creative director, Donald Mustard, it seems that the game has since been cancelled.
This was revealed in an Epic Games podcast transcribed by the good folks at Gamespot where Mustard was quoted as saying, “It was a concept that originated from Epic and was an idea that we were happy to support. But when the studio working on [Dungeons] was closed, the game was canceled. That’s really all I can say,” The good news is that Chair Entertainment still has plans for the Infinity Blade universe, although we’re not sure if we’re just looking at another sequel to Infinity Blade 2, or if we could be looking at a revival of Dungeons, either way if you were looking forward to the game, it looks like you’re out of luck.
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction Redirects Visitors To New Website
- 2014-04-15: Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Zomboss Down Expansion Now Available
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Upsilon Circuit Game Can Be Played Only Once