Apple CEO Tim Cook has already said that the company will unveil its new devices this September. Rumors suggest that the company may unveil two new iPhones, a new iPad mini and possibly even the fifth generation iPad. Many people are anxiously awaiting the iPhone 5S, which is said to come with improved specifications and no design changes. Peter Misek, analyst at Jefferies & Company, claims in a new research note that Apple’s supply chain and manufacturing partners are pulling up their socks to kick off iPhone 5S mass production from this month.
It was recently reported that Foxconn had gone on a hiring spree to bring in more workers in order to cope with demand for Apple’s next generation iPhone. Misek believes that the company will be able to move some 50 to 55 million units in the quarter after iPhone 5S launch. It is widely believed right now that Apple will unveil iPhone 5S in September and is likely to begin shipping in October. This release time-frame will complete a full one year cycle, since it was around this time that iPhone 5 was released last year.
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-04: Apple's M7 Continues To Track Even When Battery Is Dead