Its all very confusing, to be honest. There have been rumors that Apple will release a low cost iPhone this year, we just don’t know what it will ultimately end up being called. Many monikers have been speculated, such as the iPhone Mini and even the iPhone 5C. There’s one faction that believes it will be called iPhone Lite. So for now, we’ll go with iPhone Lite. A picture has surfaced online which shows off the device’s back that contains all the relevant certification markings, including that of the FCC.
The FCC needs to approve a device before it can be sold, that’s why we often get to see rumored devices pop up in FCC filings. That gives us an idea of what to expect. No such filing for a cheap or low cost iPhone has appeared as yet, those this picture makes it seem like the FCC has already approved Apple’s budget iPhone. The shell of the device itself is identical to the ones that have previously leaked, and its in line with all of the rumors that we’ve heard. Nevertheless, there still exists the possibility that what we see here is actually not what Apple is going to be unveiling. Apple is rumored to announce both the iPhone Lite and iPhone 5S at an event on September 6th. [Image via Electronista]RELATED
- Oppo Find 7 Could Feature 5.7" 2K Display With Snapdragon 805 Chipset [Rumor]
- Windows Phone Grows By An Additional 0.2% In The US
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Follow: iPhone 5C, low cost iPhone,