When it comes to waterproof smartphones, I would like to take this opportunity and say that Sony Mobile has made me fall in love with their offerings to date, while other smartphone manufacturers fall short in making beautiful looking waterproof smartphones. Well, perhaps you might want to change your mind with the waterproof Kyocera Hydro Edge that you see above (image courtesy of CBS Interactive), where it is said to be made available on Sprint as well as Boost Mobile in the weeks ahead, although the former would be offering it this July 19th at an extremely agreeable $19.99 price point – assuming you sign up for a two-year agreement and send in a mail-in-rebate, of course. Since they are big on the figure “19”, why not just leave it at a 19-month old contract? That’d surely attract some attention.
The Kyocera Hydro Edge is a mid-range 3G device, where it will also make its way to Boost Mobile from July 23rd onwards, being made available for the prepaid price of $149.99 a pop. Touted to remain underwater for up to 30 minutes, features include a 4-inch display, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, a 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, and a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera.
- 2014-04-08: Kyocera Verve Announced, Headed For Sprint And Boost Mobile
- 2014-04-06: Kyocera Brigadier Tipped For Verizon
- 2013-10-07: KDDI Winter Smartphone Range Sees LG isai, Fujitsu Arrows Z, Kyocera Digno M, And Sharp Aquos Series Debut
- 2013-10-02: Kyocera Torque
- 2013-08-29: Kyocera Piezo Film Speaker Developed For TVs, PCs, Tablets