Children also want their very own tablet to use in order to emulate dad and mom, but certainly getting a high end Apple iPad for a 3 year old is out of the question? After all, he or she might just treat it like any other toy after being bored – by throwing it on the floor, and woe to your iPad should it land on concrete, marble, or other non-carpeted surfaces. Why not get something that was specially designed for a child? This is where the LeapFrog LeapPad2 Power tablet comes in, where it will include a rechargeable battery and an AC adapter for easy one-step charging. These were not thrown in as an afterthought, but apparently, is was the top requested feature by parents who had used the LeapPad2 tablet before.
Capable of offering up to nine hours of continual play, the LeapPad2 Power will feature front and back cameras with video recording capability, 4GB of internal memory, and access to LeapFrog’s unique library that has over 800 life-changing content experiences designed or approved by LeapFrog’s learning experts. You will be able to pick up the LeapPad2 Power for $99.99 a pop from early August onwards, although a pre-sale is happening at major online retailers in the US from July 17. [Press Release]
- 2013-07-10: LeapFrog LeapPad2 Power Tablet
- 2013-06-24: LeapPad Ultra Hands-On Review [Kids Tablet]
- 2012-08-17: LeapFrog LeapPad2 now comes in green, pink and a special Disney Princess bundle
- 2012-08-10: LeapsterGS from LeapFrog helps you edutaint your kid
- 2012-06-19: LeapFrog LeapPad 2 and Leapster GS get hardware refresh
- 2011-07-18: LeapFrog LeapPad pre-sale units sold out in two weeks