It seems that more and more hardware manufacturers are starting to include the Intel Haswell processor in their machines. From what we have gathered recently, the upcoming MacBook Pros will run on Haswell, so too, has the Dell XPS 12 hybrid Ultrabook been refreshed to include some Haswell goodness underneath the hood. The Lenovo ThinkPad X240s Touch is not exempted from the Haswell treatment, either, where product manuals as well as retail documents for it have started to appear.
It does seem as though the Lenovo ThinkPad X240s Touch will be rather similar to the thin and light ThinkPad X230S notebook, although as its name suggests, it would arrive with the advantage of a touchscreen display, albeit at a 1366 x 768 pixel resolution screen. Other hardware specifications are not going to throw you into a frenzy, namely 4GB RAM, a 320GB hard drive, a 720p webcam, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, USB 3.0 support, an SDXC memory card slot, up to 6 hours of battery life, all crammed into a 3 pound chassis. The Lenovo ThinkPad X240s Touch is tipped to launch later this August.
Next Story: Unmanned X-47B Lands On Aircraft Carrier
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-06: Lenovo's IBM Server Unit Bid Raises National Security Concerns
- 2014-03-31: Motorola By Lenovo Brand Might Be Under Consideration
- 2014-03-30: Lenovo Recalls ThinkPad Batteries Over Fire Hazard
- 2014-03-21: Lenovo Spends $100 Million Acquiring New Patents And Licenses
- 2013-09-11: Lenovo Upgrading ThinkPad Series To Include Intel Haswell CPUs
- 2013-07-09: Lenovo ThinkPad T440s Ultrabook Will Be Powered By Haswell
- 2013-06-12: Lenovo IdeaPad U330, U430 Ultrabooks Will Feature Haswell Processors