Remember the announcement made earlier this evening concerning the availability of the 55” Curved OLED TV from LG in the USA for the first time, seven months after we took a gander at it at CES 2013 earlier this January? Well, it seems that there is more than meets the eye for this 55” Curved OLED TV, as LG Electronics is beaming with pride to announce that this is the first OLED TV in the world to pick up THX Display Certification.
Retailing for a whopping $14,999 a pop and having gone on sale for the first time in the USA, the LG 55EA9800 (if model numbers are your cup of tea) had to go through over 600 THX laboratory tests in order to make sure that it can deliver the picture quality of a professional post production display. Eric Gemmer, THX Senior Video Engineer, said, “We’re excited about the potential of OLED TV technology and we’re thrilled that consumers are introduced to it through this THX Certified LG model. The collaboration between LG and THX sets a very high standard for OLED picture quality.”
I wonder whether the extra thousands forked out for this TV is worth the viewing experience in the comfort of your living room. Then again, if you can afford something like this in the first place, surely you are pretty well off that you would most probably have a high end movie room in your abode itself.
Next Story: LG Sells Curved OLED TV In The US
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-02-10: LG 55 Inch OLED TV Price Slashed In Half
- 2013-08-11: Samsung Curved OLED TVs Get Cheaper
- 2013-07-22: LG Sells Curved OLED TV In The US
- 2013-05-19: LG Display Shows Off Curved 55” OLED TV And 5” Plastic OLED Panels
- 2013-04-28: LG Curved OLED TV Sales Kick Off