We’re sure many are wondering what LG has in store for us with the G2, although leaked specs have sort of clued us in, but an official statement has at least confirmed the name. Now LG has started sending out invites to its LG G2 event and they’re not shy about teasing some of its upcoming features, one of which appears to a fingerprint scanning technology which we saw in a leaked image earlier this month. Of course LG has not confirmed it yet, but the image above does leave little to the imagination. To invite also reads “Come see how we are learning from you”, suggesting that the feedback from LG customers has been instrumental in the design of the handset, going as far as calling the device “perfect”.
The event will be held on the 7th of August but until then, for those who are curious about what the handset could pack under the hood, expect specs along the lines of 3GB of RAM, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset, a 13MP camera with optical image stabilization, and a 5.2” Full HD 1080p display to top it off. Sounds like quite the powerhouse but we guess we will have to see if it will be impressive to tear Android users away from brands like Samsung, or if Samsung’s brand loyalty will win out.
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 625 Officially Announced
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-03-03: LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- 2014-02-23: AT&T's LG G2 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-21: LG G2 With KitKat Compared Against G2 With Jelly Bean
- 2014-01-15: International LG G2 To Skip Android 4.4 KitKat Update In January
- 2014-01-14: Gold LG G2 Surfaces For Sale On E-Commerce Website