LG attempted to beat Samsung at their own game with phablets by releasing the Optimus Vu, an oddly-shaped device. While we did not think it caught on too well, LG decided that it did and promptly released the Optimus Vu II, and now it seems that LG could be considering a successor. Given that Samsung is currently working on the Galaxy Note 3, we guess it wouldn’t be a complete shock if LG wanted to steal some of that spotlight for themselves.
While LG has obviously not confirmed any of this, according to recent rumors, the Optimus Vu III will feature a 4:3 display ratio (size of the screen was not mentioned) and will sport a resolution of 1280×960 which would definitely pale in comparison to the Galaxy Note 3 and its rumored 5.7” Full HD display. Other rumored specs remain unknown at this point. The reason behind the speculation that LG could be working on a Vu III is thanks to a photo which was taken by a device known as the LG-F300L, which some have taken to be the Vu III.
In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but assuming it is true, the Vu III does not appear to be the powerhouse, at least as far as displays are concerned. Perhaps LG might be approaching this from a budget standpoint where it would be an affordable alternative to Samsung’s Galaxy Note 3.
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-04-16: Gold LG G3 Reportedly Coming This Summer
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2013-01-02: LG Boasts 1 Million Optimus Vu Units Sold In South Korea
- 2012-10-20: Verizon LG Intuition Review
- 2012-08-27: LG Optimus Vu/Intuition press shot spotted, possible 15th September release
- 2012-08-19: Global LG Optimus Vu gets Tegra 3
- 2012-08-13: LG Optimus Vu in the USA in "weeks"?