Sometime early last month, we did mention that Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII would mark the end of the trilogy, but do not take that bit of news in too bitter a fashion. After all, the silver lining in the cloud would be this – at least it does not mark the end of the gaming franchise, now that would certainly send shockwaves throughout the gaming world, don’t you think so? This time around, we bring you a new trailer of what you can expect in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, in addition to more details concerning the game itself.
The main focus would be on the battle system, in addition to a new location – the city of revelry, Yusnaan, where the trailer zooms in on one particular area, that is, The Slaughterhouse. The Slaughterhouse happens to be the venue where nightly battles are held as mighty combatants take to the brutal arena in a “survival of the fittest” mindset. Not only that, in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, you would be able to put on the clothes of the famous Miqo’te character from the upcoming PS3 and PS4 MMO, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
As for the game’s battle system, here is something interesting to keep you on the edge of your seats – you are able to destroy sections of a foe, and should you succeed in disabling a specific area, then the enemy will obviously be weakened, in addition to paving the way for you to be rewarded with different items each time you win a battle. You can also counter attack your enemy’s move if your timing is perfect, sorta like a reversal in Street Fighter Alpha.
Next Story: Scanadu Scout Works Like A Star Trek Tricorder
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-03-30: FF14's Producer Explains Why They Chose The Subscription Model
- 2014-03-21: Original Final Fantasy XIV's Downfall Was Due To Overly Designed Flowerpots (Amongst Other Things)