Most smartphones users are concerned about the safety and security of their device as well as the data on their devices. That is why third party developers make a lot of apps that offer various security features. Manufacturers themselves bundle security softwares to make their devices more secure. The LoJack security app is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S4 Active, the service will cost users $29.99 per year and will provide features such as recovery assistance, tracking and remote data wiping.
The unique thing about LoJack is that it is actually built inside the firmware of the device, that makes it immune to factory resets. So one can say that LoJack is persistent, though it probably won’t be secure against manual ROM flashes. In order to activate LoJack for these devices, users have to visit their website, register their device and pay the annual subscription fees. The developer of LoJack, Absolute Software, claims that they will work with law enforcement in order to recover the user’s stolen device. The firmware update required for this app has already been rolled out by AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. T-Mobile is yet to follow. LoJack is now available for purchase in North America, the service works worldwide.
Next Story: HTC One S "Ville" Might Get Android 4.2.2 Update
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-20 Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-02 Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-10 T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-24 Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2013-06-19 AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Shipping From Today
- 2013-05-29 Samsung Galaxy S4 Active May Be Unveiled On 20th June
- 2013-05-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Caught On Video
- 2013-05-20 Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Rumored To Have Slower Processor
- 2013-05-08 Samsung Galaxy S4 Variants Make An Appearance