Most smartphones users are concerned about the safety and security of their device as well as the data on their devices. That is why third party developers make a lot of apps that offer various security features. Manufacturers themselves bundle security softwares to make their devices more secure. The LoJack security app is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S4 Active, the service will cost users $29.99 per year and will provide features such as recovery assistance, tracking and remote data wiping.
The unique thing about LoJack is that it is actually built inside the firmware of the device, that makes it immune to factory resets. So one can say that LoJack is persistent, though it probably won’t be secure against manual ROM flashes. In order to activate LoJack for these devices, users have to visit their website, register their device and pay the annual subscription fees. The developer of LoJack, Absolute Software, claims that they will work with law enforcement in order to recover the user’s stolen device. The firmware update required for this app has already been rolled out by AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. T-Mobile is yet to follow. LoJack is now available for purchase in North America, the service works worldwide.RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Active,
- Seen at: prnewswire