Magellan is more well known as a company that rolls out GPS navigation devices, and here we are with something that is slightly different – the Magellan Echo, which so happens to be the company’s very first running watch which makes use of smartphone fitness apps and pushing it to their full potential. How does it achieve this? It will be able to “talk” to them wirelessly, sporting real-time fitness data that is streamed directly from your smartphone all the way to the watch display, with the ability to be able to remotely control connected apps, ensuring that the Echo remains a close running buddy.
This marks the first time a running watch allows users to simultaneously check out fitness data, notifications and achievements, all through your smartphone’s display. The Echo will show off details such as the elapsed time, distance and other fitness metrics with but at a glance, so that you can keep tabs on your performance, while ensuring that your concentration to the task at hand remains. The Magellan Echo will arrive sometime in Q4 this year for $149.99 or $199.99 with a Bluetooth Smart Heart Rate Monitor, coming in Black, Cool Blue or Warm Red Echo colors.
Next Story: 97-Year Old Man Paints With Microsoft Paint
- 2014-01-06 Magellan Echo Smart Sports Watch
- 2013-10-03 Pack Your Hunting Gear: Magellan eXplorist 350H GPS Arrives At The US
- 2013-04-02 Sonnet Echo 15-Port Thunderbolt Dock
- 2012-07-30 Magellan eXplorist TOPO! Special Editions for hikers announced
- 2012-07-10 Magellan eXplorist 510 Marine Edition announced