When it comes to processors for smartphones and tablets at the moment, especially those of the Android variety, just which particular processor has caught your eye (and ears)? Surely many will place their money on the Snapdragon 800 from Qualcomm, where we have even benchmarked it with some impressive results, but it seems that there is a new challenger on the scene – an octa-core processor from Mediatek that will be called the MT6592. The Mediatek MT6592 is said to arrive before 2013 is over, where it has been touted to edge out the Snapdragon 800 where performance and power consumption are concerned.
Of course, at this point in time, we are only privy to preliminary AnTuTu benchmark scores, so you can imagine that it would be journalistic suicide to claim that it is the fastest mobile processor to date, as it is nigh impossible to say that the AnTuTu test was performed on the same devices. Should that be the case, however, you can get your bottom dollar that the 29,600 score would have beat what Snapdragon 800 based devices offer. Power with efficiency is definitely the name of the game for the Mediatek MT6592.
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility