Sources familiar with the company’s plans have been cited as saying that Microsoft is going to cut the prices on its Surface RT tablet, this according to a new report published by The Verge. The price cut will reportedly come in effect from next week, $150 might be shaved off of each model. Microsoft recently announced that it would be selling Surface RT tablets to schools at an exclusive $199 price. Its no secret that sales of Surface tablets have been slow, and Microsoft is going down the same road that many struggling tablet manufacturers have gone down before, called price cut avenue.
A few days back Microsoft had hinted at its Worldwide Partner Conference that new Surface RT and Surface Pro models might be released soon. If that is indeed the case, then a logical explanation for this price cut would be clearing out of the inventory. Microsoft surely wouldn’t want warehouses full of previous generation Surface tablets when it launches the new ones. So the Surface RT 32GB and 64GB are now expected to be sold for $349.99 and $449.99 respectively. Add an additional $100 to these prices if you want a Touch Cover. An official announcement from Microsoft regarding this is still awaited.RELATED
- JXD S5800 Android Gaming Tablet/Smartphone Unveiled
- Apple Reportedly Testing 2K And 4K Displays For 12.9 Inch iPad
- Woman's New iPad From Target Came With Past Owner's Personal Information
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- iOS Leads Android In Cyber Monday Online Shopping
- Follow: Microsoft, Surface RT,