Minecraft fans have been anticipating the game’s 1.6 update for a long time as it’ll finally bring horses to the Minecraft universe, making traveling across the world much easier now that you’ll have your trusty steed. Today, Minecraft 1.6 has been made available outside of its testing area, and is now officially available for Minecraft players to download.
Horses isn’t the only thing the Minecraft 1.6 update brings to the game as horse armor is also available as well as donkeys, mules and a number of other improvements which we’ll list further down in our story. Minecraft received some serious behind-the-scenes performance improvements, to the point where you’ll need to download a new version of the launcher in order to have your version of Minecraft update.
Before you start complaining that you’ll have to perform an additional step to update Minecraft, know that the new launcher does come with some benefits, such as the ability to create multiple profiles that can launch different version of the game. We’re sure there are a number of Minecraft players out there who welcome this addition as you’ll no longer need to have a bunch of different versions of the game thrown about inside of a folder to access different versions.
Here’s the full list of changes being implemented in Minecraft version 1.6:
- Added Horses
- Added Donkeys, Mules
- Added Horse Armor
- Added Leads
- Added Carpets
- Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay
- Added Block of Coal
- Added Name Tags (item)
- Added Hay Bales
- Texture packs are now “resource packs” that also can hold sound etc
- Food meter is now drained when healed by full food meter
- You can’t destroy blocks with a sword in creative mode
- Removed Herobrine
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Stephen Elop Reportedly Considering Selling Xbox, Killing Bing
- Alienware Offers Console Trade In Program
- Windows 8 App Store Flooded With Rip-Off Nintendo Titles
- Follow: minecraft,
- Seen at: mcupdate.tumblr