In the past we’ve seen how the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset can be combined with the Virtuix Omni treadmill to create a more immersive gaming experience. We’ve seen that setup used while playing Team Fortress 2, and now it looks like it has been modded so that it can be used to play Minecraft as well. We have to say that we have never thought that playing Minecraft in this fashion would be possible, but it looks like it is. As to how well it plays, and if it actually enhances the experience rather than being a novelty is really up to the gamer, but either way it looks pretty fun!
The Virtuix Omni treadmill is a Kickstarter project that initially aimed to raise $150,000 in funding but it has since managed to raise close to $1 million and with 19 days to go until its Kickstarter project closes, we wouldn’t be surprised if it manages to hit the $1 million mark. In the meantime if you’d like to get an idea of what Minecraft would be liked played through the Oculus Rift while on the Virtuix Omni, check it out in the video above.
Next Story: 20 Million Samsung Galaxy S4 Units Sold Globally
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-07: The Simpsons Couch Gag Gets A Minecraft Theme
- 2014-04-04: Minecraft For Xbox 360 Crosses The 12 Million Copies Sold Mark
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-28: Minecraft Creator States Minecraft For Oculus Rift Would Have Been Free
- 2014-03-25: Minecraft For Oculus Rift Cancelled Post-Facebook Acquisition
- 2013-05-09: Minecraft Modded To Run On The Oculus Rift Headset