A lot of details have already been leaked about the Moto X, Motorola’s upcoming flagship Android smartphone. We now know what the device looks like and what features it is going to have. The camera app on this smartphone will come with a minimalist user-interface that is going to be gesture based. The app had previously been outed in pictures, but now an actual APK has been leaked online for anyone to install on their Android device and get an idea of what the Moto X camera app feels like.
The double wrist twist gesture to launch camera app that we saw in a leaked Moto X video unfortunately doesn’t work on devices that weren’t made by Motorola, so that particular bit doesn’t work. Panoramic photos can’t be taken as the mode currently crashes, slow motion and HDR mode are both disabled and can’t be enabled. Other than that, functions such as single and burst shots, video recording, various toggles and swipe gestures all work. The leaked APK of the Moto X camera app is available over at AndroidPolice. Motorola unveils the new smartphone on August 1st.
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-13 Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06 Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06 Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01 Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”