So we know that Motorola will be unveiling the highly-anticipated Moto X smartphone on the 1st of August, although the next question on many minds is, when will the phone be released? Presumably it will be after the announcement, but when exactly? Are we looking at an August release, or maybe a few months later? Well according to the folks at Phone Arena, their sources have informed them that the Moto X is expected to be released around the same time, or “somewhat simultaneously” as their source has put it, as Motorola’s recently announced Droids – the Droid Ultra, Droid Mini, and Droid Maxx.
Phone Arena has speculated that this could mean that the Moto X could be released within a few days of the new Droids going live, and since Verizon’s press release has suggested that the new Droids will be on sale 20th August, it is possible to expect the Moto X to be made available around that time as well, give or take a few days. We expect the official details will be shared next week during Motorola’s event, so until then take it with a grain of salt.
Next Story: New Nexus 7 Tablets Up For Pre-Order On Best Buy
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-13 Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06 Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06 Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01 Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17 AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off