A few days ago, a couple of smartphones from Motorola’s stable, the Motorola Droid RAZR HD and the Motorola Droid RAZR HD MAXX underwent a soak test, and one of the more obvious trains of thought by the masses would be that these twin terrors from the Droid RAZR family would be getting the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update pretty soon. Unfortunately, that line of thought is on the wrong track, but it still does not deny the fact that both handsets are getting an update soon, where the day will soon arrive.
Verizon has posted some information on the update, touting this update to be more of a maintenance inclined one that was designed to ensure that all possible known bugs are squashed, among other things. The entire update would be 50MB in size, and it ought to be made available OTA (Over The Air) to both of the handsets from next week onwards. While this is no Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, it still does bring its fair share of changes that would be more than welcome by owners of the Motorola Droid RAZR HD and the Motorola Droid RAZR HD MAXX. [Update File (PDF format)]
Next Story: iMessage Outage Affected 30% Of Users
- 2014-04-22: Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20: Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20: Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2013-07-04: Verizon's Droid RAZR HD And Droid RAZR HD MAXX To Undergo Soak Test
- 2012-11-02: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean leaked for Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR MAXX HD
- 2012-10-18: Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD now available for purchase from Verizon
- 2012-10-12: Verizon announces Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD for the 18th of October
- 2012-10-05: Motorola Droid RAZR HD screen protectors arrive at Verizon's store, launch imminent?